This is our ultimate wishlist for the upcoming possible release of DJI Spark 2 drone. Even though DJI launched Osmo Action camera and more recently, the Robomaster S1 Tank. They still have a major consumer drone to launch and the consumers are wondering when they will do it. The last time they released a major consumer drone was in August 2018 and that is Mavic 2 Pro / Mavic 2 Zoom.
One of the possible factor is that DJI is holding back their major consumer drones due to integrating their big birds with AirSense technology. Or they are simply trying to figure out how to further dominate the consumer market. With a deep pocket in the consumer market, they have effectively taken control of the drones market. So, it is likely they are trying to avoid cannibalizing their drones using different marketing tactics to keep it profitable while selling latest flying gadgets.
However, in this article, we are focusing on our ultimate wishlist of what we would love to see in the next generation of our favorite and popular flying machine. The question is, will this new toy be coming out anytime soon? The answer is: we don’t know — originally it is scheduled to come out in July 23rd, but they have postponed it indefinitely. Without further ado, here is our wishlist with improvements and specifications that we would like to see in the new DJI Spark 2 drone.
Our Ultimate Wishlist for DJI Spark 2 Drone:
This is our ultimate wishlist for the upcoming DJI Spark 2 drone that is hopefully coming out at end of 2019 or possibly early 2020. Check out our wishlist below:
- Smaller and compact design: Of course, the DJI Spark is already small. But I believe DJI can take this step further by making it smaller and perhaps feature foldable motor arms. They have already gave us the taste of what it is like to have a mini-sized drone that you can take with anywhere you go.
- Lighter: The current DJI Spark drone weights 0.66 Lbs and FAA registration limit is 0.55 Lbs. This is a minor inconvenience for beginners and recreational remote pilots who simply just want to be able to enjoy flying the drone. DJI can address this issue by making the DJI Spark 2 drone lighter. This also means the new drone will be much more faster and portable.
- Improved Maximum Flight Speed: With DJI Goggles, flying the new DJI Spark 2 drone would be totally awesome if its maximum flight speed is improved somewhat.
- Longer Flight Time: The current DJI Spark drone has a maximum flight time of 16 minutes. Ideally, DJI can refine and improve the battery capacity so that the drone can fly up to 20 minutes. Of course, longer flight time means it will require bigger battery capacity and result in weighting the drone more. However, I believe that DJI can find innovative solution to make the battery smaller while providing longer flight time.
- Better Flight Performance: Simply put, a drone that has good flight performance is fun and enjoyable.
- Quieter: Compared to other drones, the DJI Spark is less intrusive. But its propellers probably could use some redesigning to make it quieter, similar to how they did for the Mavic Pro Platinum and Mavic 2 Pro / Mavic 2 Zoom.
- Enhanced Obstacle Avoidance Sensors: The new DJI Spark 2 drone should feature 360-degree obstacle avoidance sensors that prevent the drone from flying into objects. It also will make it one of the most beginner-friendly drone for first time users.
- 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer: Several people have asked for better camera gimbal stabilizer. Personally, I think the 2-axis gimbal stabilizer is fine, but 3-axis gimbal stabilizer is of course a major improvement.
- Improved ActiveTrack: The DJI Spark 2 drone should comes with improved ActiveTrack feature that is more responsive and follow subjects while going downhill.
- Reduced startup time: Faster startup time means you will be able to fly your drone sooner.
- Better connectivity: The original DJI Spark is plagued with connectivity issue. DJI can address it by introducing enhanced Wi-FI signal system or give the Spark 2 drone a dedicated transmission system.
Stills and Videos Quality
- 4K Video: This would be absolutely a killer addition for the new Spark 2 drone. As of current, the original DJI Spark drone only can record videos at 1080P HD resolution setting.
- Better Video Bitrate: Higher bitrate means the drone will be able to capture better quality. 100 MB/S bitrate would be a very nice addition.
- Larger Sensor: Please add bigger camera sensor size so that the new drone can capture more details.
- Please provide better customer service.
- Improve the DJI Go 4 app with additional features and improve response rate.
- Keep the new DJI Spark 2 drone at the same price tag of $499.
Share your thoughts and views with us about the new DJI Spark 2 drone. Let us know by commenting in the comments section below.